THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH IDLEBOOK, INC. OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO OUR SITE AND SERVICES.
1. USER RESPONSIBILITIES
1.1 Neutral Venue. Our Site is an online venue through which users find and learn about each other. Our Site is merely a venue for users to learn about one another and, if they wish, arrange rental agreements with one another. We are not involved in the actual face-to-face contact between users. However, we have a centralized location (the Venue) for our users to drop off or pick up items. As a result, we have no control over the truth or accuracy of the information that users post on the Site.
1.2 Identity Verification. We make no attempt to confirm, and do not confirm, any user's purported identity. You are responsible for determining the identity and suitability of others who you may contact by means of this Site. We do not endorse any persons who use or register for our Services, whether as Lenders or Borrowers. We do not investigate any user's reputation, conduct, morality, criminal background, or verify the information that any user submits to the Site. We encourage you to communicate directly with potential lenders and borrowers through the tools available on the Site and to review your lenders’ and borrowers’ profile pages for feedback from other users.
1.3 Your Experience with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your use of other users' properties through our Services. We will not be responsible for any damage or harm resulting from your use of other users' properties through our Services. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the use of properties of the other users, and to take any other action in good faith to restrict access to or the availability of any material that we or another user of our Services may consider obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
1.4 Release. By using the Site or Services, you agree that any legal remedy or liability that you seek to obtain for actions or omissions of other users will be limited to a claim against the particular user or users who caused you harm. You agree not to attempt to impose liability on, or seek any legal remedy from Idlebook. You release Idlebook from any and all claims, demands, damages (actual, consequential, nominal, punitive, or otherwise), equitable relief, and any other legal, equitable, and administrative remedy, of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, past, present, or future, arising out of or in any way connected with your communication or interaction with other users on the Site or your experience as a borrower or lender in connection with the Site.
2. USER CONDUCT
2.1 Site Rules and Restrictions. In connection with your use of our Services, you must act responsibly and exercise good judgment. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not:
(a) violate any local, state, provincial, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court;
(b) infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights, including but not limited to subleasing an accommodation without the rights to do so;
(c) interfere with or damage our Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
(d) use our Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
(e) use our Services in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email ("spam") or advertisements unrelated to lodging in a private residence;
(f) "stalk" or harass any other user of our Services or collect or store any information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as an Idlebook borrower and lender with one another;
(g) offer, as a lender, any properties/items that you do not yourself own (without limiting the foregoing, you will not list properties/items as a lender if you are serving in the capacity of a rental agent or listing agent for a third party property owner);
(h) register for more than one user account or register for a user account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
(i) impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
(j) use automated scripts to collect information or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
(k) use the site to find a lender or borrower and then complete the transaction offline in order to circumvent your obligation to pay for the Service;
(l) submit any listing with a false or misleading price, or submit any listing with a price that you do not intend to honor; or
(m) advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
The foregoing is merely a list of examples of prohibited conduct. Idlebook reserves the right to cancel a user account or take other appropriate actions in its sole discretion in response to any inappropriate conduct, or for no reason at all.
2.2 Disputes with Other Users. You are solely responsible for your use of other Idlebook users' properties. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
2.3 Listing Prices. If you post a listing offering rental properties/items through the Site which is accepted by you and a borrower, you acknowledge and agree that the price you specify for that listing will constitute an essential part of a binding agreement between you and the borrower. You further agree not to alter the price once accepted.
3. MINORS MAY NOT USE SERVICES. You must be at least 18 years old to register to use the Services. By registering to use our Services, you represent that you are over 18.
5. YOUR CONTENT
5.2 Content Restrictions. You are solely responsible for any content that you submit, post or transmit via our Services. You may not post or submit any content that:
(a) infringes the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any person;
(b) is defamatory;
(c) contains nudity or sexually explicit content, or is otherwise obscene;
(d) may disparage any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious, or other group by stereotypical depiction or otherwise;
(e) depicts individuals under 18 years of age;
(f) depicts or advocates the use of illicit drugs;
(g) makes use of offensive language or images;
(h) characterizes violence as acceptable, glamorous or desirable; or
(i) provides a link to any other websites.
5.3 No Obligation to Post Content. We have no obligation to post any content from you or anyone else. In addition, we may, in our sole and unfettered discretion, edit, remove or delete any content that you post or submit.
6. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. In using our Services, you may be exposed to content and information from other users or third parties ("Third-Party Content"), either at our Site or through links to third-party websites. We do not control, and shall have no responsibility for, Third-Party Content, including material that may be unlawful, misleading, incomplete, erroneous, offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. You must evaluate the veracity of, and bear all risks associated with your exposure to, Third-Party Content, including without limitation, profiles of other users of our Services.
7.1 Fee Structure. In exchange for providing the Service, Idlebook keeps a small portion of the lender's price of each rental. As a borrower, you agree to pay the amount posted by the lender with whom you have chosen to borrow from. As a lender, posting a listing is free, but you agree to pay Idlebook its then-current service charge for each borrower's transaction. Some optional services or functionality may incur additional fees.
7.2 Payment Logistics. If you find a listing that you are interested in, you will be asked to provide your credit card information and billing address. We will obtain a pre-authorization for the total amount of the rental to ensure that you have the necessary amount of funds available to cover the transaction, but will not charge your card at that time. Alternatively we may charge you $1 to verify that the card works. If the lender who posted the listing accepts your offer, your card will be charged the full balance at the time of acceptance; if the posting user fails to respond or opts not to accept your offer, any charges will be refunded and the pre-authorization will be released. The funds will be held by Idlebook until you pick up the item in agreed condition; shortly thereafter, Idlebook will remit the held funds to the lender, less Idlebook's service charge.
7.3 Cancellation and Refunds. If you cancel your rental request, Idlebook will return the funds to you in accordance with its cancellation policy.
7.4 Donations. Some lenders may pledge to donate a portion of the funds they receive to a particular cause or charity. We do not control, and will not take any responsibility or liability for, whether the lender does in fact make the donation they pledged to make.
7.6 Taxes. Idlebook does not do business as an owner or operator of book publisher, bookstore or copy shop, nor is it a provider of media contents, advices or suggestions. Neither does Idlebook own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, rent, re-rent, manage and/or control any media items. Idlebook does not act as an agent for any providers or users of media items. Idlebook merely makes available a marketplace for Lenders and Borrowers to arrange for media subject rentals. Idlebook is not a contracting agent or representative of the Lender or Borrower. Instead, Idlebook's role is solely to facilitate the availability of this marketplace for the Lender and Borrower and to provide services related thereto, and any agreement for the use of any rental items is solely between the Lender and Borrower, and not Idlebook. You understand that we are acting solely as an intermediary for the collection of rents and fees between you and any Lenders or Borrowers with whom you choose to enter into a transaction. Because state and local tax laws vary significantly by locality, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for determining your own tax reporting requirements in consultation with tax advisors. We cannot and do not offer tax advice to either lenders or borrowers.
7.7 Damages. As a borrower, you are responsible for returning the rental item in the condition that it was given to you. In the event that a lender claims otherwise and provides evidence of damage, including but not limited to photographs, you agree to pay the cost of replacing the damaged items with equivalent items. After being notified of the claim and given 48 hours to respond, the payment will be taken from the credit card on file. If we are unable to charge the card on file, you will be required to remit payment.
8. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
8.1 Our Intellectual Property. Material on our Site (with the exception of Third-Party Content) is protected by rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, trade secret, and other proprietary rights and intellectual property laws as applicable. Except as expressly authorized by us, you may not sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from such material. "Idlebook," "Idlebook.com," and "www.idlebook.com" are trademarks of Idlebook protected by federal and state law; you agree not to use such marks for any purpose, including but not limited to as metatags on other websites, in written materials or otherwise.
8.2 Your Use of Our Intellectual Property. You may not systematically retrieve data or other content from our Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise. You may not display any portion of our Site in a frame (or any content from our Site through in-line links) without our prior written consent, which may be requested by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may, however, establish ordinary links to the homepage of our Site without our written permission, and you may make use of embedded HTML "widgets" if we have provided the HTML code.
9. USERNAME AND PASSWORD. You will select a username and password as part of the registration process. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password. You must: (a) log off from your account at the end of each session on our Site; and (b) notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your username and password or any other breach of security.
10. TERMINATION. We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) terminate your access to our Services, (b) deactivate or delete any of your accounts and all related information and files in such accounts and (c) bar your access to any of such files or Services. Upon termination we will promptly pay you any lending fees held in escrow and due to you, less our Service Fee.
11. MODIFICATION OF SERVICES. We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without prior notice and at any time, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any portion of our Services.
12. LEGAL COMPLIANCE. You shall use our Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
13.1 IF YOU USE OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT Idlebook DOES NOT CHECK ANY BORROWER, LENDER, OR OTHER USER’S BACKGROUND OR RECORD. Idlebook IS A REPUTATION-BASED SYSTEM. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OTHER USER’S COMMENTS AND THIRD-PARTY REFERRALS ON LENDERS AND BORROWERS. USE COMMON SENSE. BE AWARE AND BE SAFE. OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, AND YOU WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13.2 WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) OUR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (C) ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH OUR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (E) ANY ERRORS IN ANY DATA OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
13.3 IF YOU ACCESS OR TRANSMIT ANY CONTENT THROUGH THE USE OF OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF SUCH ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION.
13.4 NO DATA, INFORMATION OR ADVICE OBTAINED BY YOU IN ORAL OR WRITTEN FORM FROM US OR THROUGH OR FROM OUR SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
14. LIMITS ON LIABILITY
14.1 WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES; (B) HARM OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY/BELONGING AS A RESULT OF USING OUR SERVICES; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT; (D) ANY HARM TO YOU CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY A THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANOTHER USER OF THE SERVICES; (E) STATEMENTS, CONDUCT OR OMISSIONS OF ANY BORROWER, LENDER, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES ON OUR SERVICES; OR (F) YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE'S CONDUCT OR ACTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF OUR SERVICES OR PERSONS INTRODUCED TO YOU BY OUR SERVICES, WHETHER ON-LINE OR OFF-LINE.
14.2 WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN PERFORMING UNDER THESE TERMS DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF NATURE AND POWER, INTERNET, AND EMAIL DISCONTINUITY.
14.3 EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 18, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY MATTER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO WITH OUR SERVICES OR THESE TERMS EXCEED THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100).
15. INDEMNITY. You shall indemnify and hold us (and each of our officers, directors, and employees) harmless from any third-party claim, demand, action, damage, loss, cost or expense, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out or relating to your use of our Services or alleging facts or circumstances that, if true, could constitute your breach of any of these Terms. We will control any such defense and related settlement and you will reasonably assist us therewith at your expense.
16. REPORTING MISCONDUCT. If you feel, either as a lender or borrower, the other party's listing is inappropriate, including but not limited to misleading, or faulty, you must immediately report such person to the appropriate authorities and then to us by contacting us with your police station and report number at email@example.com; provided that your report shall not obligate us to take any action beyond that required by law (if any) or cause us to incur any liability to you.
17. JURISDICTION AND VENUE. These Terms shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington and the United States of America, without regard to conflict-of-law principles. You and we agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in King County, Seattle, Washington or a United States District Court, King County District Court East Division located in Bellevue, Washington. Any action brought against Idlebook shall be venued in King County Superior Court, Seattle, Washington or the United States District Court, King County District Court East Division located in Bellevue, Washington.
18. ATTORNEY’S FEES. The prevailing party in any action brought under this agreement shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
19. MISCELLANEOUS. These Terms contain the entire agreement, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings between the parties. Our failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege under these Terms shall not operate as a waiver thereof. The invalidity or unenforceability of any of these Terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other of these Terms, all of which shall remain in full force and effect. We may assign our rights and delegate our obligations under these Terms in whole or part to a third party. Headings of sections are for convenience only and shall not be used to limit or construe such sections. Sections 1.4 (Release), 4 (Privacy), 5.1 (License), 6 (Third-Party Content), 7 (Payment), 8 (Proprietary Rights), 14 (Limits on Liability), 15 (Indemnity), 17 (Jurisdiction and Venue), 18 (Attorney’s Fees), and this Section 19 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these Terms.